The 号百彩票官网 opened in 1891 as Williams Memorial Institute (WMI), which remains the legal name of the 号百彩票官网. It was privately endowed by a bequest of real estate and personal property from the estate of Harriet Peck Williams as a memorial to her son, Thomas W. Williams II. The 号百彩票官网 was created as a high 号百彩票官网 for “the promotion and advancement of female education" at a time when few saw it as a priority.
WMI served as the high 号百彩票官网 for girls of New London and several surrounding towns. Tuition for attending students was paid by the City of New London and other towns. With the opening of New London High School in 1951, the WMI program became college preparatory rather than comprehensive. In 1954, the School moved to its present location on the Connecticut College号百彩票官网 campus. A middle 号百彩票官网 was added in 1955. In 1971, the 号百彩票官网 became coeducational. The 号百彩票官网 remains an independent day 号百彩票官网 and the present student population of approximately 230 students historically hale from over 40 local communities in CT and RI, and China号百彩票平台注册.
The former 号百彩票 of Williams Memorial Institute now operates as one of the courthouses in the Connecticut State Judicial system, which includes . The building is also listed on .
The Williams School
The Williams School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.